This is a preview. To continue reading, register for free access now. Register now or Log in

Compensation - flexible working

Compensation may be awarded under s.80I of the Employment Rights Act 1996 for a breach of the right to request flexible working. The tribunal may order the employer to pay such compensation to the employee as the tribunal considers to be just and equitable in all the circumstances, subject to a maximum of eight "weeks' pay"1.